Nowadays, payday loans are very popular. With over 10,000 payday loan establishments in the US (United States of America) alone, they are an easy way to get “quick cash”. A lot of people have heard about these. Some have seen them advertise on the radio or on TV. Maybe they came across an advert on the internet or in the paper or on the internet. Either way, there are many payday loans available out there “to help assist individuals who are in need of it”. The government has been worried that payday loan establishments are taking advantage of families that have low-income. The previously mentioned establishments respond by revealing that they are just assisting where there feel there is a need for assistance. There are many FAQs as regards this topic, therefore let us get to it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is referred to as a payday loan? It’s a high-interest short-term loan normally between the range of $50 and $500.
- What else could it be called? It could be referred to as a deferred deposit check loan, check advance loan, a post-dated check loan or a cash advance loan.
- Why would I need a payday loan? If you have an urgent financial commitment such as an emergency hospital bill or an emergency utilities bill, or an unexpected car repair or even normal expenses like gas, travel costs, or food.
- What is the interest rate involved? This can be different from one establishment to the other, normally over 100% APR.
- Will my credit be checked? No. There is no credit check for a majority of the payday loans.
- Where can I apply for a payday loan? You can apply for one over the phone or in person at a branch, and a lot of establishments let you apply online as well.
- How much time will the application process take? Normally less than 20 minutes.
- When will I collect the money? It will normally be directly deposited into your bank account in and around 24 hours.
- Is there a down payment? No upfront costs exist for a payday loan.
- Will they share my information publicly? No. The transaction is a private one, they won’t reveal your financial details with anyone.
- How much time do I have to pay the loan back? This is different from one establishment to the other. You normally will have to pay the loan back the next week, however, if you are not able to pay the complete amount the next week some establishments will let you rollover or extend your loan. This will normally mean more cost and more interest for you.
- Are there other options available? You could borrow from a friend or family member. You could try to apply for a/another credit card or take out a conventional loan, or you could use a credit card, or you could try to take out a conventional loan or apply for a/another credit card.
Make sure you look into the establishment as well. There are a lot of people out there to scam you. If you are not sure of the payday loans company check with your community business review board or local BBB. They will tell you if this establishment is for real most times. Also be careful about the interest that you’ll be paying back on the loan. Ensure that you check the fees associated with the loan and constantly make sure that you have the required cash to pay it back.